Monday, April 03, 2006

Defintion of Godly Success

I came across this a long time ago, but it is worth sharing and remembering and actiong on.

God bless us all as we endeavor to live out the life of the Spirit in a world that ignores God's leading


The version found written on the wall in Mother Teresa's home for children in Calcutta:

People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered.

Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.

Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies.

Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you.

Be honest and sincere anyway.

What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight.

Create anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous.

Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, will often be forgotten.

Do good anyway.

Give the best you have, and it will never be enough.

Give your best anyway.

In the final analysis, it is between you and God.

It was never between you and them anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, it really saddens my heart that we "can't" bring God into our schools. How different students would treat each other! How sincerely they would build confidence and establish joy of their successes and failures! How overwhelmingly and unconditionally they would feel loved!

I'm reading this post and all I can think of is how much my 24 kids need to hear or read this. They have impacted my life but I have seen the proof that they have seen or heard God in me. And for those instances - where they truly hear the words when they ask questions about things I prepare for church events/lessons in spare moments - I am so grateful to God, and so amazed that He chose me. How different school would be if for Show and Tell we could all bring God.

What an interesting mission He has sent me on! How different school would be if I could flat out share every piece of this post reference, instead of being mandated to leave out the last two sentences...especially when they are the point.