Thursday, September 14, 2006

so limited

So often I feel so limited, so trapped, so small. Then today as I was praying the Holy Spirit brought to my mind the story of Moses. Specifically how he kept trying to talk god out of using him to secure the release of the Israelites from Egypt. Then the Holy Spirit guided my own mind to ponder how many times have made myself useless simply by not allowing myself to take a step of faith. In the midst of my thoughts I very often become paralyzed by what may not work. Sure I need to analyze a situation or opportunity, but I do not need to be paralyzed. I think my life could be so much more fulfilling to myself and others if I only let go of my insecurities and self doubts and allowed God to work more fully through me. Moses is a great example of this to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

he was an ordinary man used for extraordinary things...yet i'm sure even he had those moments

Ptelea said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I am glad that you enjoyed my photography. This post reminds me of an observation of my two cats. One cat is rather mindlessly fearless, the other cat contemplates his every move and takes an agonizingly long time to make any decisions. I think it is probably good to aim somewhere in between! I also tell myself, it is the things that we don't do in life that we regret so don't fear making mistakes.